Author: Paul Lehr
Luke 21:11 …and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven. –Jesus
There are parallel passages regarding earthquakes by Jesus in Matthew 24:7 and Mark 13:8. The context is the Olivet Discourse. Jesus is answering questions from the disciples regarding the signs of His coming and the End of the Age (Matthew 24:3).
New Zealand, November 13, 2016: A 7.8 magnitude earthquake has struck. The epicenter is located approximately 55-60 miles northeast of Christchurch.
People living in low lying areas along the shore line are headed for higher ground. Buildings and houses have collapsed. Electricity and phone lines have been impacted.
Roads have been blocked by landslides. Roads are reported to be buckled.
Up to 10-15 feet tsunami waves are being reported. Waves are estimated to continue and last hours. People are obviously being warned to stay away from the beach.
The article link below from www.mirror.co.uk is an excellent source of information. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/powerful-earthquake-hits-christchurch-new-9251440
Following the 7.8 tremblor, 16+ aftershocks have been reported ranging from 4.9 to 6.9 in magnitude.
Even more disturbing is a series of quakes located north of New Zealand near Fiji. There have been 6 quakes in the last few days of a magnitude of 4.5 to 5.6. They have occurred approximately 300 – 350 miles below the surface of the planet. The pressure release has to go somewhere…
Isaiah 24:19 The earth is utterly broken, the earth is split apart, the earth is violently shaken.
Let me be clear. This is not about religion. It has nothing to do with some flutter in your belly or the hair on the back of your neck standing up. God does not care how many times one genuflects in church, raises their hands, closes their eyes, beats oneself up, or sacrifice chickens or whatever! We cannot appease or atone with our actions. God hates religion!
This is about getting your heart, mind, and soul right with the Creator. This book, the Bible, says His Son, Jesus Christ, is physically coming back to get His people the church, the rapture. And He will return to establish His kingdom on earth.
Hebrews 9:28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
- Future Temple in the News - May 22, 2018
- Shavuot & Replacement Theology, A Jewish Perspective - May 19, 2018
- Pentecost/Shavuot/Feast of Weeks: Two Loaves of Bread - May 16, 2018
- Nakba Day, 2018 - May 15, 2018
- U.S. Embassy Moves to Jerusalem, May 14, 2018 - May 14, 2018
- Mother’s Day, 2018 - May 13, 2018
- Putin & Netanyahu Meet in Moscow, Conflict in Golan & Damascus Escalates - May 9, 2018
- Trump Pulls Out of Iran Deal… Military Activity Near Damascus/Golan Heights - May 8, 2018
- Israel’s 70th Anniversary, Independence Day - May 6, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, Christ Loves His Bride - May 6, 2018