Author: Paul Lehr
Isaiah 17:12 Alas, the uproar of many peoples who roar like the roaring of the seas, and the rumbling of nations who rush on like the rumbling of mighty waters!
The context of this verse is regarding the Burden of Damascus. Parallel passages for the Burden of Damascus include Isaiah 17, Amos 1:3-5, and Jeremiah 49:23-27.
November 29, 2016: President Erdogan of Turkey has made news again with his comments. His words speak for themselves. Commentary is not necessary.
“In my estimation, nearly 1 million people have died in Syria. These deaths are still continuing without exception for children, women and men. Where is the United Nations? What is it doing? Is it in Iraq? No. We preached patience but could not endure in the end and had to enter Syria together with the Free Syrian Army (FSA). Why did we enter? We do not have an eye on Syrian soil. The issue is to provide lands to their real owners. That is to say we are there for the establishment of justice. We entered there to end the rule of the tyrant al-Assad who terrorizes with state terror. (We didn’t enter) for any other reason.” Recep Erdoğan, First Inter-Parliamentary Jerusalem Platform Symposium in Istanbul.
Turkey has joined forces with the Free Syrian Army (FSA). This group is also known as Al-Nusra or Al-Qaeda in Syria. The Free Syrian Army is supported by the United States.
These comments were made during a discussion in the context of a symposium on Jerusalem.
Erdogan went on to elaborate further regarding the al Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
“It is the common duty of all Muslims to embrace the Palestinian cause and protect Jerusalem. Safeguarding the Al-Aqsa Mosque should not be left to children armed with nothing but stones.”
Remember, Russia supports President al-Assad of Syria. It will be interesting to see how Vladimir Putin responds to these comments. Turkey and Russia are in the process of normalizing relations and economic ties.
This is one hot mess.
Jeremiah 49:23 Concerning Damascus. “Hamath and Arpad are put to shame, for they have heard bad news; they are disheartened. There is anxiety by the sea, it cannot be calmed.
This is the area in and around Aleppo, Syria.
For Scripture linking Meshech, Tubal, Beth Togarmah, and Gomer to modern day Turkey.
- East Damascus Escalates - February 20, 2018
- Israel & Hamas Clash in Gaza Strip - February 18, 2018
- A Matter of the Heart… - February 17, 2018
- Straight Talk…God’s Glory & Satan, Rodna Epley - February 16, 2018
- Trump to be Minted on Temple Half Shekel - February 15, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, The Thief is Coming - February 12, 2018
- Turkey’s Operation Olive Branch - February 11, 2018
- Israel Smokes Iranian Drone, F-16 Shot Down - February 10, 2018
- Straight Talk…God’s Glory & Resurrection, Rodna Epley - February 8, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, Keep Your Clothes - February 3, 2018