Author: Paul Lehr
Revelation 2:1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this:
Scripture interprets Scripture…Wild guesses, speculation, and conjecture are not necessary. But one is going to do some homework.
Where did John get his information? John tells us multiple times in the first chapter of Revelation. A couple of examples include Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John…
Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
John’s source of information is Jesus Christ.
To the angel…The Greek word for “angel” is aggelos/αγγελοσ. It means: a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God. The word is essentially transliterated.
…of the church…The Greek word for “church” is ekklesia/εκκλεσια. It means: an assembly, congregation; the whole body of Christian believers. People called out from the world and to God, the mystical body of Christ; the universal body of believers whom God calls out from the world and into His eternal kingdom. –Strong’s Concordance.
The church is not a building. 1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.
The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand…What are stars? The answer is given in Revelation 1:20b …the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches… Stars are angels of the churches.
…the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands…What are lampstands? The answer is given in Revelation 1:20c …and the seven lampstands are the seven churches. Lampstands are churches.
Jesus is the source of information to John. Jesus is the One talking. Jesus is the One giving directions. Jesus is the One holding the seven stars. Jesus is the One walking among the lampstands.
Colossians 1:18a He is also head of the body, the church…
- Russian Military Police to “Safe Zone” Near Golan Heights - July 24, 2017
- UN Emergency Meeting Over Temple Mount Violence - July 23, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum’s White Stone - July 22, 2017
- Russian Troops on Israeli Border Near Golan Heights - July 19, 2017
- Fatah Declares “Day of Rage” - July 18, 2017
- Turkey’s Recep Erdogan, A Kurd’s Perspective - July 16, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum and Manna - July 15, 2017
- Turkey to Acquire S400 Missile Battery From Russia - July 14, 2017
- Pestilence, Cholera Spirals in Yemen/Quake off N Korea - July 12, 2017
- Ceasefire Holding Near Golan Heights - July 11, 2017