Author: Paul Lehr
John 2:20 The Jews then said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?”
The Jewish leaders of Jesus’ day were confused. In the context of these verses, Jesus was referring to His body the Temple. The Jewish leaders were referring to the house of worship, the Temple. Thankfully adversarial confusion confirms there was a real, physical Temple during the days of Jesus. This is the Temple during Jesus Christ’s time on earth. It was Herod’s reconstructed Temple.
October 20, 2016: Reports out of Jerusalem indicate remains of the “Third Wall” have been unearthed. The Third Wall surrounded the city of Jerusalem prior to the Roman destruction of the city and Temple in 70 AD.
The archeological dig was completed by Dr. Rena Avner and Kfir Arviv of the Israel Antiquities Authority. The findings were located in the Russian Compound of Jerusalem where the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design is to be built.
Relics from the Roman attack on Jerusalem have been discovered. The Romans were led by Titus during this era. Multiple ancient ballista and sling stones were used to bomb Jerusalem were discovered. These rocks were launched from catapults in the assault.
These findings confirm the writings of the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus. See the attached article for boundaries of the wall per Josephus.
The findings will be presented on October 27, 2016 at the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. The title of the presentation is New Studies in the Archaeology of Jerusalem and its Region.
October 13, 2016: The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) voted to deny recognition of religious sites on the Temple Mount to the Jewish people. The UN stated the Temple Mount belongs to the Muslims.
UNESCO clearly did not heed the warning from the Jewish Sanhedrin in early August 2016.
In light of this discovery, one would hope UNESCO would reconsider their recent vote. After all, this is the international body who oversees education, scientific, and cultural issues. Surely, accuracy is important to UNESCO…
- Revelation: Pergamum’s White Stone - July 22, 2017
- Russian Troops on Israeli Border Near Golan Heights - July 19, 2017
- Fatah Declares “Day of Rage” - July 18, 2017
- Turkey’s Recep Erdogan, A Kurd’s Perspective - July 16, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum and Manna - July 15, 2017
- Turkey to Acquire S400 Missile Battery From Russia - July 14, 2017
- Pestilence, Cholera Spirals in Yemen/Quake off N Korea - July 12, 2017
- Ceasefire Holding Near Golan Heights - July 11, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum, Let’s Review - July 8, 2017
- UNESCO Secret Vote & Tomb of the Patriarchs - July 7, 2017