Author: Paul Lehr
November 4, 2016: Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has issued a statement on the internet. He has encouraged ISIS to defend Mosul. He is also calling on ISIS members to invade Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Here are excerpts from his statement.
“To all the strugglers and the people of Nineveh, beware of any weakness…fight and struggle and face your enemy,” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Notice the leader of ISIS still refers to Mosul as Nineveh.
“Confront the enemy and transform their blood into rivers…transform their days into dark nights.”
al-Baghdadi also took a shot at Turkey. “The fighters of the Caliphate, here comes the atheist, Turkish soldiers…show them your strength.”
al-Baghdadi makes this statement knowing Turkey is massing tanks and military equipment about 60-70 miles north of ancient Nineveh on the Iraqi/Turkey border. The military buildup continued for the fourth day in a row.
Nahum 3:1 Woe to the bloody city, completely full of lies and pillage; her prey never departs.
Nahum 3:3 Horsemen charging, Swords flashing, spears gleaming, many slain, a mass of corpses, and countless dead bodies—they stumble over the dead bodies!
Look at the adjectives and language describing the number of dead.
…many slain…The Hebrew word for “many” is rob. It means: multitude, abundance, greatness, and numerous.
…a mass of corpses… kobed is the Hebrew word which means: weight, heaviness, mass, great, abundance, or vehemence.
…countless dead bodies… without number is the idea. There are too many dead to count.
One cannot walk because of all of the death. The book of Nahum is a grim and gruesome picture of a future Nineveh or modern day Mosul, Iraq.
This is the last verse of the book of Nahum. ISIS has occupied the ancient city since 2014. Islamic State is digging in to defend and protect their territory in the ancient capital of the Assyrian Empire. This is the response to the destruction of Nineveh.
Nahum 3:19 There is no relief for your breakdown, your wound is incurable. All who hear about you will clap their hands over you, for on whom has not your evil passed continually?
If now is the time Nahum is discussing, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi will get his wish.
- Israel Strikes Missile Battery Near Damascus - October 17, 2017
- BREAKING: Iraqi Troops Engage Kurds Near Kirkuk - October 15, 2017
- Iraqi Troops Moving On Kurds - October 15, 2017
- Blood Red Nsukwa River, Ghana - October 14, 2017
- Turkey Troops Enter Syria’s Idlib Province - October 10, 2017
- Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot: Messianic Psalm - October 6, 2017
- Sukkot/Tabernacles 5778/2017 - October 3, 2017
- Yemen Cholera Epidemic Reaches 750,000 - September 29, 2017
- Syria in Conflict - September 26, 2017
- Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement: 5778/2017 - September 25, 2017