Author: Paul Lehr
November 4, 2016: Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has issued a statement on the internet. He has encouraged ISIS to defend Mosul. He is also calling on ISIS members to invade Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Here are excerpts from his statement.
“To all the strugglers and the people of Nineveh, beware of any weakness…fight and struggle and face your enemy,” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Notice the leader of ISIS still refers to Mosul as Nineveh.
“Confront the enemy and transform their blood into rivers…transform their days into dark nights.”
al-Baghdadi also took a shot at Turkey. “The fighters of the Caliphate, here comes the atheist, Turkish soldiers…show them your strength.”
al-Baghdadi makes this statement knowing Turkey is massing tanks and military equipment about 60-70 miles north of ancient Nineveh on the Iraqi/Turkey border. The military buildup continued for the fourth day in a row.
Nahum 3:1 Woe to the bloody city, completely full of lies and pillage; her prey never departs.
Nahum 3:3 Horsemen charging, Swords flashing, spears gleaming, many slain, a mass of corpses, and countless dead bodies—they stumble over the dead bodies!
Look at the adjectives and language describing the number of dead.
…many slain…The Hebrew word for “many” is rob. It means: multitude, abundance, greatness, and numerous.
…a mass of corpses… kobed is the Hebrew word which means: weight, heaviness, mass, great, abundance, or vehemence.
…countless dead bodies… without number is the idea. There are too many dead to count.
One cannot walk because of all of the death. The book of Nahum is a grim and gruesome picture of a future Nineveh or modern day Mosul, Iraq.
This is the last verse of the book of Nahum. ISIS has occupied the ancient city since 2014. Islamic State is digging in to defend and protect their territory in the ancient capital of the Assyrian Empire. This is the response to the destruction of Nineveh.
Nahum 3:19 There is no relief for your breakdown, your wound is incurable. All who hear about you will clap their hands over you, for on whom has not your evil passed continually?
If now is the time Nahum is discussing, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi will get his wish.
- Russian Military Police to “Safe Zone” Near Golan Heights - July 24, 2017
- UN Emergency Meeting Over Temple Mount Violence - July 23, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum’s White Stone - July 22, 2017
- Russian Troops on Israeli Border Near Golan Heights - July 19, 2017
- Fatah Declares “Day of Rage” - July 18, 2017
- Turkey’s Recep Erdogan, A Kurd’s Perspective - July 16, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum and Manna - July 15, 2017
- Turkey to Acquire S400 Missile Battery From Russia - July 14, 2017
- Pestilence, Cholera Spirals in Yemen/Quake off N Korea - July 12, 2017
- Ceasefire Holding Near Golan Heights - July 11, 2017