Author: Paul Lehr
Isaiah 17:1 The oracle concerning Damascus. “Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city and will become a fallen ruin.”
The original Hebrew is interesting in the description. Damascus is going to be wiped out. The grammar states it is going to be taken away and removed. One could state it will be a ruined ruin or a ruined heap!
This is the city of Damascus, Syria. Damascus is the oldest continually inhabited city on the planet. The city’s had residents and inhabitants for over 5,000 years.
December 7, 2016: The New Arab is reporting Israeli jets have struck Hezbollah positions near President Assad’s palace in Damascus. The presidential palace is also located close to the Mezzeh Military Airport. This area is located west of Damascus. There were no injuries or deaths reported in the strike. This is the second strike in the last 24 hours.
Three military checkpoints were also struck near Zabadani. An undisclosed number of Hezbollah personnel was killed in the bombing.
This story is also being circulated by the Turk publication Anadolu Post, BBC News out of Britain, and The Financial Times.
The following excerpts are from Debka.com. Debka is a private Israeli intelligence service. Official Syrian regime sources claimed Israel fired ground-to-ground missiles at Mezzeh military airport which is west of Damascus. Reports stated the attack occurred about 4:15 am. Videos show explosions indicating ammunition, bombs, or missiles had been hit. There has been no Israeli comment on the incident.
Israel prefers the long standing position of “strategic ambiguity”. Translation, there will be no official comment out of Israel.
In Tel Aviv Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said, “Israel acts first and foremost to protect its citizens and its sovereignty. We are trying to prevent the smuggling of sophisticated weaponry, military equipment, and weapons of mass destruction from Syria to Hezballah.” He emphasized that Israel is not involved in the Syrian civil war. Israel wants the Iranians and Syrian President Bashar Assad out of the country.
Israeli Defense forces have been active in and around the Golan Heights and Damascus for the past week or two…
- Revelation: Ephesus & Perserverance - February 12, 2017
- Red Heifer Update: Baja, Mexico - February 7, 2017
- Revelation: Ephesus, Stars & Lampstands - February 5, 2017
- Sanhedrin Issues Temple Tax - February 1, 2017
- Stroke Rumors Swirl Around Syria’s al-Assad - January 30, 2017
- Revelation: Historical Ephesus - January 29, 2017
- Wine & Oil Ready for Temple - January 27, 2017
- Israeli Delegation to Trump Inauguration, Embassy Plans - January 24, 2017
- Revelation Churches: Modern Day Turkey - January 21, 2017
- Iraqi Forces Control East Mosul - January 18, 2017