Author: Paul Lehr
Isaiah 17:1 The oracle concerning Damascus. “Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city and will become a fallen ruin.”
Jeremiah 49:23 Concerning Damascus. “Hamath and Arpad are put to shame, for they have heard bad news; they are disheartened. There is anxiety by the sea, it cannot be calmed.
December 31, 2016: There is news out of Syria involving all three cities mentioned in the two prophetic verses; Damascus, Hamath (modern day Hamah), and Arpad (northern suburb of modern day Aleppo).
See video link for geographical detail.
Hamath: The name means “fortress”. In the times of Jeremiah, Hamath was a city in valley of the Orontes River. Hamath was considered the capital of the northern kingdom of Syria. In the early 21st century, this is the city known as Hamah, Syria. It has a population of roughly 854,000 per 2009 census. It is the fourth largest city in Syria (Wikipedia).
Arpad: The name means “I will be spread out.” Per Ellicott’s Commentary, the modern day location is approximately 14 miles north of Aleppo, Syria. The city is effectively on the Turkey border. Scholars believe the modern day city is Tel Erfad, Syria (Barnes Notes on the Bible).
Multiple reports out of the region are indicating ISIS has cut water supplies to the cities. The United Nations estimates up to 15 million people across Syria have been affected.
The Euphrates River is the main water source for Aleppo, specifically the al-Khafsa stations.
Up to 4 million people in and around Damascus have been affected. Water springs north and west of Damascus have been poisoned with diesel by the rebels or Al-Nusra or Al-Qaeda in Syria (group supported by Obama Administration). The areas are Wadi Barada and Ain al-Fija springs. These springs provide 70% of the water for the city of Damascus. Water trucks are distributing water to Damascus. Fighting continues in and around these springs as of December 31, 2016.
Local news sources indicating these findings are Shia. Sources indicate Sunni Muslims are carrying out these crimes against humanity.
Pray for this situation. Do your homework. This is a mess.
- Israel Strikes Missile Battery Near Damascus - October 17, 2017
- BREAKING: Iraqi Troops Engage Kurds Near Kirkuk - October 15, 2017
- Iraqi Troops Moving On Kurds - October 15, 2017
- Blood Red Nsukwa River, Ghana - October 14, 2017
- Turkey Troops Enter Syria’s Idlib Province - October 10, 2017
- Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot: Messianic Psalm - October 6, 2017
- Sukkot/Tabernacles 5778/2017 - October 3, 2017
- Yemen Cholera Epidemic Reaches 750,000 - September 29, 2017
- Syria in Conflict - September 26, 2017
- Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement: 5778/2017 - September 25, 2017