Author: Paul Lehr:
Revelation 1:11 saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.” –Jesus
The Greek word for “book” is Βιβλιον/biblion. It means: a small book, a scroll, a written document. This is the word where we get the term Bible.
The word “book” is singular in the sentence. It would appear John sent one “book” or epistle to the seven churches. The book was sent from the island of Patmos. The order of the seven churches listed is geographical and clockwise in nature. The first stop on the mainland of Turkey was Ephesus. Next, the letter would have gone north to Smyrna. The third stop was north in Pergamum. Following Pergamum to the east and a bit south was Thyatira. The fifth stop to the south would have been Sardis. A jog to the east and the letter stopped in Philadelphia. The last stop to the south and east was Laodicea.
All seven churches are located in what is modern day Turkey.
Four of the seven churches in Revelation have references to Satan. Jesus is the one talking directly to the churches. Jesus got His information from God the Father (Revelation 1). This is not conjecture. The churches are: Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, and Philadelphia.
Acts 16:6 They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia… The Holy Spirit made sure Paul and his companions stayed in modern day Turkey instead of advancing east to China. The regions of Phrygia and Galatia are in the heart of Asia Minor.
Satan has his trinity. He plays the role of God. The antichrist plays the role of Jesus. And the false prophet plays the role of the Holy Spirit. Satan clearly has a foot hold in Turkey per the comments of Jesus to the churches in Revelation. Satan has a religious system and structures in place in this geographical area. If Satan’s home land is modern day Turkey, would it make sense for him to establish his kingdom with his minions here?
- Yom Teruah/Rosh Hashanah/Feast of Trumpets, 5778/2017 - September 19, 2017
- God’s Fall Appointments, 5778/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Clash on the Euphrates at Deir Ezzor, Syria - September 13, 2017
- Breath of His Nostrils, Sea Water Recedes - September 12, 2017
- Groans & Birth Pains - September 9, 2017
- Israel Bombs Syrian Research Center - September 7, 2017
- Revelation 12 Sign: What Time Is It? - September 6, 2017
- Wars & Rumors of Wars - September 5, 2017
- Iranian Activity Near the Golan Heights - August 31, 2017
- Revelation 12 Sign: Resurrection First - August 30, 2017