Author: Diane Watt
The last time the Doomsday clock was two minutes from midnight was the 1950s, when the Soviet Union and America thumped chests by “testing” nuclear weapons during the Cold War.
Now, we’re back there again.
Thursday, Jan 26th, the clock’s keepers placed it 2.5 minutes from midnight.
Why the change?
- Nuclear Threats
- We’ve more nuclear weapons than ever
- Multiple nations including North Korea, India, and Pakistan conducting tests
- Climate Change
- Many scientist believe we’ve passed the environmental point of no return
- Increasing Technology
- Increasing hacks show vulnerability
- Society is increasingly reliant on technology
- The development of DNA-editing technology such as CRISPR (which has the ability to cure diseases) could be used negatively
This May Surprise Many But Not Those Watching
This may alarm some but not those who have been watching.
Those whose eyes are fixed on the events of the world know this type of news is coming in even greater force and intensity. The questions remains, however: what are you going to do in the face of serious threats to Mankind?
Hide? Deny? Or prepare?
Friend, the only effective preparation is to place your trust in the saving grace of Christ. Surely He comes quickly. Be ready.