Author: Diane Watt
Before my husband returned from the Iraq war I went in a tizzy: cleaning, fixing, exercising, and finishing things I was supposed to do during his deployment.
Jewish people are doing the same. Each passing day brings news of Israel’s readying herself for Messiah (not to compare my husband to Messiah. That was just the best example.)
**Below is a breakdown of the latest preparations but let me warn you: I don’t agree with the Jewish concept or timeline of Messiah.
Nope, I’m Christian. My Biblical interpretation is pretty literal and I’m pre-Trib and pre-Millennial. Maybe you don’t know what that means and that’s okay. Maybe you disagree with my stance and that’s okay too. Because we can still be friends even if we disagree. And if your views are different you should still listen because…well, I’m a pretty cool chick with useful information.
However, the Jewish cry for Messiah is relevant which I’ll explain later.
- Balaam’s Star – In 2022 a star will be born. For six months it will be brighter than others. Jewish rabbis believe this is a fulfillment of prophecy from non-Jewish prophet Balaam which predicts a new star before the arrival of an important military leader (Numbers 24:17).
- Shark Swarms –
- Temple Preparations
- US Elections – Jewish leaders believe the US election results herald the Messianic age. “If such a miracle can happen, we have already reached the days of the Messiah,” said Interior Minister Arye Deri. “Therefore we really are in the era of the birth pangs of the Messiah when everything has been flipped to the good of the Jewish people.”
- Israeli Police Preparations – Jewish cops are readying for Messiah-induced crowd control. “When the Messiah comes, everyone will want to [approach] him so it will get very crowded,” said Israeli Police Commissioner.
- Rabbis Believe Daniel’s 70-Weeks Culminates This Year – Hold your horses; this one’s complicated and a stretch. Here goes: Jewish rabbis believe the 70-Week prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27) ends with Jewish year 5777, the current year. Here’s why:
- Daniel 12:7 says the end will come after “a time, times, and a half.”
- Jewish Rabbi Meir Halevi Horowitz says a “time” represent 700 years for various reasons
- So a “time” (700) “times” (700*2 or 1400) and “a half” (350) equals 2,450
- 2450 added to 3327, the Jewish year of the Babylonion exile, is 5777, the current year
*I adhere to Isaac Newton’s interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27 in which a “week” is seven years and the prophecy points to the Triumphal Entry of Christ