Exodus 12:19 Seven days there shall be no leaven found in your houses; for whoever eats what is leavened, that person shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he is an alien or a native of the land.
This is the original Spring cleaning. Get the sin out of your life. The holiday is for seven days. The focus of the week is to live a life without leaven, the symbol for sin. Leaven is not to be in the house. Leaven products are not to be consumed. Goodbye to a loaf of bread, biscuits, and donuts.
Matzah has taken its place as the unleavened bread. At a Passover Seder, the matzah is broken before the meal. Part of the matzah is taken and wrapped in a cloth napkin. The cloth with the unleavened bread is taken away and hidden. At the end of the Seder, the unleavened bread is returned and eaten to close out the ceremony.
1 John 3:5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
Does this sound familiar? Jesus, the sinless man, was broken in death. His body was without sin. Christ is the unleavened bread.
1 Corinthians 11:24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
After He died, the body of Jesus was wrapped in a linen cloth. He was hidden or buried as the unleavened bread.
Mark 15:46 Joseph bought a linen cloth, took Him down, wrapped Him in the linen cloth and laid Him in a tomb which had been hewn out in the rock; and he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb.
Christ was raised from the dead and resurrected. The unleavened bread is returned. Those who partake in Him shall have everlasting life.
Mark 16:6 And he said to them, “Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him.”
Jesus Christ is the body without sin. He is the truth.
1 Corinthians 5:7-8 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- Sanhedrin Prepares Temple Oil - November 17, 2017
- “Legitimate” Iranian Presence in Syria - November 15, 2017
- Revelation: Thyatira, God Knows Our Deeds - November 12, 2017
- Trouble Brewing on the Arabian Peninsula - November 11, 2017
- Love Is The Answer…Featuring Paul Beverly - November 5, 2017
- Revelation: Thyatira, Lead Me Not Into Temptation - November 4, 2017
- Pestilence, Bubonic Plague in Madagascar - November 1, 2017
- Revelation: Thyatira’s Jezebel - October 29, 2017
- Nahum’s Tomb in the News - October 28, 2017
- Putin Personally Test Fires Satan 2 Missile - October 27, 2017