April 26, 2017: While the rest of the world is watching heightened political and military tension on the Korean Peninsula, this story is flying under the radar. ISIS and Al-Qaeda are considering joining forces, a terrorism dream team.
In the beginning, ISIS spun off from Al-Qaeda over philosophical differences. Al-Qaeda wanted to focus on the west and the United States. ISIS wanted to focus on the Middle East region. ISIS also believed Al-Qaeda was not violent enough for their taste. The two groups separated in 2014. Three years later, the two groups are discussing a reunion. Both groups are of the Sunni brand of Islam.
The country that appears to lose the most would be Syria. President Assad and his supporters (Iran, Lebanon’s Hezbollah) are Shia Muslims. Look at a current map of Syria.
Jeremiah 49:23 Concerning Damascus. “Hamath and Arpad are put to shame…
In the northern part of Syria is Aleppo. Ancient Arpad of Jerermiah 49 is located approximately 10 miles north of modern day Aleppo. Syrian government forces (Shia) are encountering Al-Qaeda in Syria or Al-Nusra (Sunni) in the north. Sunni Kurds are also battling Sunni Turks in the area as well.
Turkey’s President Recep Erdogan has recently gained more power via election. Erdogan is on the move with military intervention against the Kurds across southern Turkey.
Moving south in Syria, the next hot spot of conflict is modern day Hama. This is ancient Hamath from Jeremiah 49. Again, Syrian government forces (Shia) are encountering Al-Qaeda in Syria or Al-Nusra (Sunni). But, ISIS forces and territory are located east of Hama about 25-30 miles.
Furthest south in Syria is the capital of Damascus. Syrian government forces (Shia) are primarily encountering Al-Qaeda in Syria or Al-Nusra (Sunni). Israel and the Golan Heights are located approximately 30 miles to the south of Damascus.
Also consider an alliance of Sunni Arabs from the south consisting of Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. President Trump has recently met with leaders from these three countries. Their concern is the growing threat of Iran and nuclear weapons.
The end result…
Isaiah 17:1 The oracle concerning Damascus. “Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city and will become a fallen ruin.”
- Preview: God’s Spring Appointed Holidays 2018 - March 18, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, Book of Life - March 11, 2018
- Temple Coin with Trump Likeness in High Demand - March 8, 2018
- Israeli Leaders Talk Temple with President Trump - March 6, 2018
- Putin Touts Next Generation Nuclear Missiles - March 5, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, A Victorious Priest - March 3, 2018
- Trump Temple Tax Coin Minted - March 1, 2018
- Prophet Isaiah Rediscovered??? - February 28, 2018
- Purim: Haman Gonna Hate - February 26, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, Keep Your Clothes Clean - February 25, 2018