Genesis 11:4-5 They said, “Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” The Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.
A tablet revealed by the Smithsonian indicates the Tower of Babel is “an actual building from antiquity.” The private collection of tablets has not been studied or released until now.
Dr. Andrew George is a professor of Babylonian at the University of London. He is an expert in Babylonian studies. Here is some background information and a quote from Dr. George.
“As an Assyriologist, I don’t deal in the Bible, and I am not a religious person, but in this case, I can say there is an actual building which does seem to be the inspiration for the Biblical narrative.”
He might be an atheist…
The inscription on the tablet states the following. “From the Upper Sea, which is the Mediterranean, to the Lower Sea, which is the Persian Gulf, the far-flung lands and the teeming people of the habitations, I mobilized in order to construct this building.”
Genesis 11:7 “Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.”
But Dr. George is not buying the confusion of languages as detailed by God.
“The myth about the multitude of tongues comes from the context described in the stele about the multitude of peoples enlisted in the construction of the tower. There were many languages spoken on the construction site. From that it may be that the Bible got the idea of the confusion of tongues.”
“In the 19th century there was a discovery that the Assyrian kings described in the Bible were real and corroborated by archaeological evidence, making us ask now, how much more in the Bible is true?”
The scientist and archeologist is convinced the Tower of Babel is real history. Dr. George is finding that science and religion can be reconciled.
Once again, the Bible confirms science.
- Tension Mounts in Gaza Strip… Again - June 20, 2018
- Ancient Church Discovery Manbij, Syria - June 19, 2018
- Straight Talk… Rain Maker, Rodna Epley - June 18, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, The New Jerusalem - June 16, 2018
- IED’s… Thoughts from an American Soldier - June 15, 2018
- Love Your Neighbor… ALL of ’em! - June 13, 2018
- Straight Talk… Prepared Before Time, Rodna Epley - June 11, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, His Name is Yahweh - June 9, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, I Am Coming Soon - June 2, 2018
- Broken… But the Grace of Jesus Christ - June 1, 2018