The Sanhedrin has announced they will re-establish the borders of Jerusalem. The reason is for the initiation of Temple services and the sacrificial system. The borders will be established on the day after the Feast of Weeks or Shavuot. Christians know this day as Pentecost. This year, God’s appointed feast falls on June 1, 2017 on the Gregorian calendar.
The Sanhedrin reconvened in 2005 after a 1,600 year absence. They oversee legal matters and future construction of the pending third temple.
This is the same Sanhedrin who illegally arrested, tried, and convicted Jesus (Luke 22:66, Mark 14:55-56). They also pressured Pilate for Jesus’ death on a cross (Mark 15:1-15).
The borders of Jerusalem were established back in the day of Nehemiah. The construction takes place in roughly the first four chapters of Nehemiah. Remember, the sacrificial services were started before there was a Temple in Nehemiah’s day. There is a precedent. The sacrificial worship service can begin before the third Temple is built.
Sanhedrin spokesman Rabbi Hillel Weiss indicated this is the last step necessary for Temple worship.
“The only thing lacking today to begin bringing sacrifices is the altar. When that is ready, we will need to have these borders firmly established.”
The city borders are necessary because the sacrifices need to be eaten within the city. The idea is the holiness of the city of Jerusalem.
Political motives are also on the mind of the Sanhedrin.
“Jerusalem’s Jubilee is the time to re-establish the holiness of Jerusalem. President Trump is coming on his first official visit. We have to make clear to him, as a leader of a nation friendly to Israel, that the eternal Jewish capital is once again ready to fulfill its Biblical role. This is also in direct response to the absurd UNESCO proclamations, which come to prevent the Jews from performing their Biblically mandated purpose.” -Rabbi Hillel Weiss
The Sanhedrin also has other ideas. Discussions have begun for the defining the city border as related to the third Temple. The Sanhedrin is studying the prophet Ezekiel for direction. It is being estimated the borders will extend seven miles from the Temple.
- Russian Troops on Israeli Border Near Golan Heights - July 19, 2017
- Fatah Declares “Day of Rage” - July 18, 2017
- Turkey’s Recep Erdogan, A Kurd’s Perspective - July 16, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum and Manna - July 15, 2017
- Turkey to Acquire S400 Missile Battery From Russia - July 14, 2017
- Pestilence, Cholera Spirals in Yemen/Quake off N Korea - July 12, 2017
- Ceasefire Holding Near Golan Heights - July 11, 2017
- Revelation: Pergamum, Let’s Review - July 8, 2017
- UNESCO Secret Vote & Tomb of the Patriarchs - July 7, 2017
- ISIS Kicked Out of Mosul - July 6, 2017