Revelation 2:18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this:
Jesus is connecting many dots with this initial statement to the church at Thyatira. He is identifying Himself with references to Scripture. There are three characteristics in the verse that point to the person of Jesus Christ…1) the Son of God, 2) who has eyes like a flame of fire, 3) and His feet are like burnished bronze.
The Son of God. Jesus Himself is identifying Himself as the Son of God. The idea that God has a Son is noted in the Old Testament.
Psalms 2:7 I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.”
The Son is confirmed by the Father Himself in the Gospel accounts. One example is in Mark with John the Baptist in the Jordan River. All three persons of the Trinity are present.
Mark 11:1 and a voice came out of the heavens: “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”
Even the demons know Jesus is the Son of God.
Luke 8:28 Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me.”
Satan knows Jesus is the Son of God in Matthew 4.
…eyes like a flame of fire…One person in the Bible has these kind of eyes, Jesus Christ. This is His description at His second coming.
Revelation 19:12 His eyes are a flame of fire…
John, the author of Revelation describes Jesus with eyes like fire.
Revelation 1:14b …and His eyes were like a flame of fire.
Daniel’s description of a man dressed in linen fit.
Daniel 10:6a His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches…
…His feet are like burnished bronze…
John describes the feet of Jesus in the Patmos vision.
Revelation 1:15a His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace…
Daniel’s description of the man dressed in linen (garments of a priest) by the river had descriptive feet.
Daniel 10:6b …his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze…
This is what Jesus is going to look like. Just add white hair, crowns, and a red robe on a white horse.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- US Army Assists with Mosul Dam Assessment - January 17, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis… “But You Are Dead” - January 14, 2018
- Turkey’s Naval Base on the Red Sea - January 10, 2018
- Israel Strikes SCUD Targets East of Damascus - January 9, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, God is All-Knowing - January 6, 2018
- Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam - January 4, 2018
- US to Cut Funding to UN, Palestinians, & Pakistanis??? - January 2, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, Seven Aspects of the Spirit - December 30, 2017
- United Nations Declares Trump “Null & Void” - December 21, 2017
- Saudi Crown Prince and King in Waiting, Mohammed bin Salman - December 19, 2017