Ezekiel 38:1-3 The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him and say, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.
Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-Togarmah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes—many peoples are with you.
Magog was a son of Japheth. Genesis 10:2 The sons of Japheth were Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras. Japheth was the son of Noah. The sons of Japheth were born after the flood (Genesis 10:1).
The Bible and ancient historians point to the fact the land of Magog is modern day Russia. See attached post.
But what about the brothers of Magog? They include Gomer, Meshech, and Tubal.
Gomer means “complete”. Historians through the ages debate whether they lived north or south of the Black Sea. North of the Black Sea is modern day Russia. South of the Black Sea is modern day Turkey.
Meshech means “drawing out”; a people on the borders of Colchis (the land area east of the Black Sea). Armenia is effectively modern day eastern Turkey. Today, the region of Meshech is modern day Turkey, Russia, and Georgia.
Tubal means “thou shall be brought”; a region in east Asia Minor (modern day Eastern Turkey).
Beth Togarmah: Beth is Hebrew for house. Togarmah means “thou will break her”. People consider this to be Armenia. At its peak, the Armenian Empire was from modern day Syria on the Mediterranean Sea to south of the Black Sea and east to the Caspian Sea. Historically, Turkey is also known as the House of Togarmah.
Definitions are from Strong’s Concordance. Historical evidence from Google images, Wikipedia.
The brothers of Magog (Meshech, Gomer, and Tubal) appear to point to modern day Turkey.
Russia will be joined by several countries in their future invasion of Israel (Ezekiel 38-39). One of those countries is modern day Turkey.
At some point in the future, Russia is prophesied to invade Israel. The Bible says Russia and Turkey are going to join forces and invade Israel (Ezekiel 38-39). If this is the time leading up to Russian invasion of Israel, I trust Russia and Turkey will kiss and make up. At any rate, the Bible says they will join forces to invade Israel.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- US Army Assists with Mosul Dam Assessment - January 17, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis… “But You Are Dead” - January 14, 2018
- Turkey’s Naval Base on the Red Sea - January 10, 2018
- Israel Strikes SCUD Targets East of Damascus - January 9, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, God is All-Knowing - January 6, 2018
- Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam - January 4, 2018
- US to Cut Funding to UN, Palestinians, & Pakistanis??? - January 2, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, Seven Aspects of the Spirit - December 30, 2017
- United Nations Declares Trump “Null & Void” - December 21, 2017
- Saudi Crown Prince and King in Waiting, Mohammed bin Salman - December 19, 2017