Sadly, we have become a nation of the offended. Do I support the KKK or Neo Nazis?No! Do I support the Black Panthers or Black Lives Matter movement? No! They all teach separation & that is only repeating history. You can’t erase history by removing some statues, but you can repeat its mistakes. Do I agree with the beliefs of Robert E. Lee? No! Do I agree with the beliefs of Malcom X? No! Does it affect me in any way that they both have statues here in the United States? No! Stop being offended by every little thing. Stop supporting racism on one side or the other. Stop doing anything that supports segregation. Stop the hate!
Martin Luther King Jr said, “Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that.”
Love & understanding are the answer.
It’s not my job to necessarily change people’s views, but to live the way I feel is right & good in God’s eyes. If by example I change their views, then awesome. To clarify, I could care less the color of someone’s skin or their race. I care about their character & how they treat others. I’m gonna love them regardless.
Morgan Freeman said it best when he said, “Stop talking about it. I’m going to stop calling you a white man, and I’ll ask you to stop calling me a black man.”
We have to stop viewing each other differently.
Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.
Mark 12:30-31 “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” -Jesus
Have a love filled life my friends!!!
Our Daily Bread…Featuring Paul Beverly is a regularly posted column at https://paulthepoke.com/
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Tension Mounts in Gaza Strip… Again - June 20, 2018
- Ancient Church Discovery Manbij, Syria - June 19, 2018
- Straight Talk… Rain Maker, Rodna Epley - June 18, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, The New Jerusalem - June 16, 2018
- IED’s… Thoughts from an American Soldier - June 15, 2018
- Love Your Neighbor… ALL of ’em! - June 13, 2018
- Straight Talk… Prepared Before Time, Rodna Epley - June 11, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, His Name is Yahweh - June 9, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, I Am Coming Soon - June 2, 2018
- Broken… But the Grace of Jesus Christ - June 1, 2018