Deuteronomy 4:43b …and Golan in Bashan for the Manassites.
This is the first mention of Golan in the Bible. Golan is a city of refuge under the Law. The purpose of the city is stated in the previous verse.
Deuteronomy 4:42 that the manslayer might flee there, anyone who kills his neighbor unintentionally, without being at enmity with him in time past; he may flee to one of these cities and save his life:
The current events in October 2017 are not examples of manslaughter.
Things appear to be escalating in the Golan Heights between Israel and Syria. Five rockets were fired from Syria into Israel on Saturday, October 21, 2017. It was initially believed these rockets were “spillover” from the Syrian civil war. Israel responded and three Syrian rocket launchers were hit.
A day later, Israeli perspective has changed. At the time of the Syrian missiles being launched into Israel, there was no local conflict occurring. Purpose and intent towards Israel appear to be the case.
“Even if this is just spillover, this is an exceptional incident and the continuance of such events will be met with a more fierce Israeli response. The IDF will not tolerate any attempt to harm the sovereignty of the State of Israel and the security of its residents, and considers the Syrian regime responsible for what is happening in its territory.” -Israel Defense Forces.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry has publically commented on the incidents.
“The recent Israeli attack on the outskirts of Quneitra is a new chapter in the conspiracy between the Israeli occupation and armed terror groups, and another attempt to support these organizations.”
The Syrian spokesman went on to state, “dire consequences of these repeated aggressive actions, which cannot be seen as anything but support for terrorism and the criminal terror groups.”
Iranian influence in the region is growing. Russian troops have been stationed in Quneitra, Syria since July of 2017. UN soldiers are also patrolling on location in the Golan Heights.
Today’s current events appear to be consistent with prophecy in Scripture. Geo political events are trending into position. Are the prophecies of Isaiah 17, Jeremiah 49 (Burden of Damascus), and Ezekiel 38-39 (Magog/Russian invasion of Israel) approaching?
If so, you know Who else is approaching? He is not coming back as a lamb. This time, He will be like a lion.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Shavuot & Replacement Theology, A Jewish Perspective - May 19, 2018
- Pentecost/Shavuot/Feast of Weeks: Two Loaves of Bread - May 16, 2018
- Nakba Day, 2018 - May 15, 2018
- U.S. Embassy Moves to Jerusalem, May 14, 2018 - May 14, 2018
- Mother’s Day, 2018 - May 13, 2018
- Putin & Netanyahu Meet in Moscow, Conflict in Golan & Damascus Escalates - May 9, 2018
- Trump Pulls Out of Iran Deal… Military Activity Near Damascus/Golan Heights - May 8, 2018
- Israel’s 70th Anniversary, Independence Day - May 6, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, Christ Loves His Bride - May 6, 2018
- Straight Talk…Treasure in Earthen Vessels, Rodna Epley - May 2, 2018