October 28, 2017: Fighting between the Kurds and Iraq is approaching the village of Al Qosh north of Mosul or ancient Nineveh. Al Qosh is home to the prophet Nahum. This is the burial place of Nahum. The prophet was buried roughly 2,700 years ago. Al Qosh is a Christian community.
Nahum 1:1 An oracle concerning Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum of Elkosh.
Nahum writes about the future destruction and judgment of Nineveh. His name means comfort or consolation. Elkosh is believed to Jerusalem and Gaza per Nelson’s Complete Book of Bible Maps & Charts.
Locals are nervous as the conflict draws closer. The following is a quote from Ksenia Svetlova of Zionist Union MK. She leads a group in the Israeli Knesset. Svetlova believes in the protection of Jewish culture and heritage in Arab and Muslim countries.
“As Iraqi forces approach the town of Al-Qosh, the danger to the historic tomb of Prophet Nahum is growing. I’m concerned that the warfare in the region between the Iraqi forces and the Kurdish Peshmerga will result in a destruction of the tomb that was once a center for Jewish pilgrimage from all parts of Iraq. I urge the American authorities to protect the Jewish shrine of the Prophet Nahum at Al-Qosh before it is too late.”
Let the prophet rest.
Nahum 1:2 The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD is avenging and wrathful; the LORD takes vengeance on his adversaries and keeps wrath for his enemies.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Israel & Hamas Clash in Gaza Strip - February 18, 2018
- A Matter of the Heart… - February 17, 2018
- Straight Talk…God’s Glory & Satan, Rodna Epley - February 16, 2018
- Trump to be Minted on Temple Half Shekel - February 15, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, The Thief is Coming - February 12, 2018
- Turkey’s Operation Olive Branch - February 11, 2018
- Israel Smokes Iranian Drone, F-16 Shot Down - February 10, 2018
- Straight Talk…God’s Glory & Resurrection, Rodna Epley - February 8, 2018
- Revelation: Sardis, Keep Your Clothes - February 3, 2018
- Blood Red Molchanka River, Tyumen, Russia - February 2, 2018