October 28, 2017: Fighting between the Kurds and Iraq is approaching the village of Al Qosh north of Mosul or ancient Nineveh. Al Qosh is home to the prophet Nahum. This is the burial place of Nahum. The prophet was buried roughly 2,700 years ago. Al Qosh is a Christian community.
Nahum 1:1 An oracle concerning Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum of Elkosh.
Nahum writes about the future destruction and judgment of Nineveh. His name means comfort or consolation. Elkosh is believed to Jerusalem and Gaza per Nelson’s Complete Book of Bible Maps & Charts.
Locals are nervous as the conflict draws closer. The following is a quote from Ksenia Svetlova of Zionist Union MK. She leads a group in the Israeli Knesset. Svetlova believes in the protection of Jewish culture and heritage in Arab and Muslim countries.
“As Iraqi forces approach the town of Al-Qosh, the danger to the historic tomb of Prophet Nahum is growing. I’m concerned that the warfare in the region between the Iraqi forces and the Kurdish Peshmerga will result in a destruction of the tomb that was once a center for Jewish pilgrimage from all parts of Iraq. I urge the American authorities to protect the Jewish shrine of the Prophet Nahum at Al-Qosh before it is too late.”
Let the prophet rest.
Nahum 1:2 The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD is avenging and wrathful; the LORD takes vengeance on his adversaries and keeps wrath for his enemies.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Turkey Looks to Move Into Syria on the Euphrates - December 12, 2018
- Temple Altar Dedicated - December 11, 2018
- We All Wear Masks… Christine McDonald - December 9, 2018
- Jude: False Teachers - December 2, 2018
- Straight Talk, Born Again… Rodna Epley - November 28, 2018
- The Catalyst for A Global Default - November 26, 2018
- Ancient Beka Found Near Temple Mount in Jerusalem - November 25, 2018
- Aquarius, The Man Carrying the Water… Featuring Phil Kulis - November 24, 2018
- Christine McDonald & Bishop Michael Curry - November 22, 2018
- Precious in HIS Sight - November 16, 2018