Isaiah 19:5-8 The waters from the sea will dry up, and the river will be parched and dry. The canals will emit a stench, the streams of Egypt will thin out and dry up; the reeds and rushes will rot away. The bulrushes by the Nile, by the edge of the Nile and all the sown fields by the Nile will become dry, be driven away, and be no more. And the fishermen will lament, and all those who cast a line into the Nile will mourn, and those who spread nets on the waters will pine away.
Yes, the Bible says the Nile River will go dry. This is part of the end time scenario leading up to the return of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) construction continues on the Nile River. Construction of the dam is located in northwest Ethiopia. When finished, the GERD will be the largest hydroelectric plant in Africa. As of the summer of 2017, the project is estimated to be 60% complete. Once finished, it estimated to take 5-15 years for the reservoir to fill to capacity. There is no definitive timeline for the completion of the project.
Egypt is calling for an independent third party to assist with negotiation of water rights for the Nile River. Egypt is admitting previous talks have failed. The World Bank is looking to be an intermediary in the discussions. The Egyptians have concerns about water loss. Proposal of dam in southeast Egypt is now in the works.
Is the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam the reason for the Nile going dry in the end times? Will God use a drought or a combination with the dam? Time will tell. One thing is for sure, at some point in the future the Nile River will go dry. Economic calamity and social unrest will follow in Egypt. These events are the precursor to the return of a Savior. The story ends well…
Isaiah 19:20 It will become a sign and a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the LORD because of oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Champion, and He will deliver them.
- Jude: Peace - October 21, 2018
- The Worthy Versus the Unworthy - October 19, 2018
- Straight Talk, A Diet of Works… Rodna Epley - October 17, 2018
- Russia Increases Presence in Libya - October 16, 2018
- Jude: Mercy - October 15, 2018
- Stone Carving… Yerushalayim - October 12, 2018
- Straight Talk, Tag You’re It!!! Featuring Rodna Epley - October 10, 2018
- Jude: Called, Loved, & Kept - October 9, 2018
- Prices Rising in Turkey, Trouble Ahead - October 8, 2018
- Market Forces: Demand is the Problem - October 6, 2018