Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords.
The context of the verse God is talking to Gog of Magog. Gog is the leader of what many scholars and historians believe to be modern day Russia. See the link below for detailed analysis.
The focus of the verse is the size of the army arrayed by Gog.
…and all your army…The Hebrew word for “all” is kol. Simply put, it means the whole or all of the army.
It is stated a second time, all of them clothed in full armor…Again it is the term kol in the Hebrew. This group is well dressed and has provision to fight. Their gear is “splendid” or miklol. This word could be translated as perfection or gorgeous. The army looks impressive.
A third time, the army is described as a great host. They are rab in the Hebrew which can be stated as much, many, or great.
And finally a fourth time, all of them. Yes, it is the word kol. This is emphasized four times. This is a massive army that is well armed and prepared to attack and defend. Definitions provided by Strong’s Concordance.
Russia has been building military might into Syria since late 2015. Russia has hardware all over Syria including the border of Israel in the Golan Heights.
January 2018: According to Al Masdar News, Russia continues to pour equipment into Syria. Russia has placed S400 Missile Defense Systems into naval bases in Latakia and Tartus. The Russians have stated these two bases will become permanent installations. Rumors indicate a missile system may be placed at a mystery location somewhere else in Syria.
Bosphorus Strait in Turkey: Two Russian ships were noted to be loaded with military equipment. The ships were reported to be in route to Tartus, Syria.
One ship had its cargo in the hull and was unable to be assessed.
The second was noted with 133 transport trucks on the deck of the ship. It was unknown what was being carried below the deck.
Click on the link below for photos of the loaded ships.
- Future Temple in the News - May 22, 2018
- Shavuot & Replacement Theology, A Jewish Perspective - May 19, 2018
- Pentecost/Shavuot/Feast of Weeks: Two Loaves of Bread - May 16, 2018
- Nakba Day, 2018 - May 15, 2018
- U.S. Embassy Moves to Jerusalem, May 14, 2018 - May 14, 2018
- Mother’s Day, 2018 - May 13, 2018
- Putin & Netanyahu Meet in Moscow, Conflict in Golan & Damascus Escalates - May 9, 2018
- Trump Pulls Out of Iran Deal… Military Activity Near Damascus/Golan Heights - May 8, 2018
- Israel’s 70th Anniversary, Independence Day - May 6, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, Christ Loves His Bride - May 6, 2018