“Light” is a beautiful description! And biblical. In fact, God’s glory is on the light spectrum and higher even than military grade radiation. The Glory is not even on our charts because we can’t measure it or perceive it through natural means. The glory’s transforming power is able to bust through the toughest cancer or illness or even death and immediately zap and dispel the darkness!
The Bible says God’s glory is so much higher than anything we have ever known or seen or can comprehend with our minds that it actually has an “eternal weight”! Wow! What is an eternal weight?! And I thought a 2-ton elephant was heavy! Can you wrap your mind around an eternal weight of glory?! I can’t.
2 Corinthians 4:17 says it like this…For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison…
Romans 8:18 says…For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
God always uses what He calls “honest scales”. And all throughout His Word He asks us to do the same. Since we can’t comprehend the value of something that is part of Him (and if we can’t comprehend, it doesn’t become a part of us). God asks us to weigh or measure that unknown thing against something we do know the weight or measurement of. Then we in turn can know the weight of the unknown thing. Or at least have some sort of idea. So in the case of cancer, if we’ve experienced it, then we know it’s horrendous, heavy and scary weight. But Romans 8:18 Paul is implying that any suffering we have is so insignificant compared to the weight of God’s glory that we have absolutely nothing to fear. His glory will zap it out instantly while at the same time restore us to health.
In His glory is also healing since Romans 4:24, 6:4 says it was the “glory of the Father” that raised Jesus from the dead!
Romans 4:24…but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord…
Romans 6:4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
God uses physical examples in all Jesus’ parables in attempt to get us to comprehend the hidden things of God. The idea of God’s glory is something we can’t fathom. He created the universe through it after all. The first thing He commanded in Genesis was “let there be light”. Then the light from His glory manifested at His spoken Word. So the Word is the activating agent of His manifested glory!
- Netanyahu and Putin Meet in Sochi, Russia - September 12, 2019
- Lebanon Declares Economic State of Emergency - September 11, 2019
- Prime Minister Netanyahu to Annex the West Bank With Election Win - September 10, 2019
- Cherubim in the Temple - September 8, 2019
- Precious in His Eyes… Christine McDonald - September 7, 2019
- Turkey’s President Erdogan Wants Nuclear Weapons - September 5, 2019
- Straight Talk, More Good News… Rodna Epley - September 2, 2019
- Approaching Darkness and Fear… Christine McDonald - August 31, 2019
- Teshuvah 5779/2019 and the Ascension of Jesus Christ - August 28, 2019
- Bank of England’s Carney Calls for Global Crypto-Currency - August 27, 2019