Jeremiah 49:23 Concerning Damascus. “Hamath and Arpad are put to shame, for they have heard bad news; they are disheartened. There is anxiety by the sea, it cannot be calmed.
Arpad: The name means “I will be spread out.” Per Ellicott’s Commentary, the modern-day location is approximately 14 miles north of Aleppo, Syria. The city is effectively on the Turkey border. Scholars believe the modern-day city is Tel Erfad, Syria (Barnes Notes on the Bible).
Ezekiel 38:1-3 The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him and say, thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.
Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-Togarmah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes—many peoples are with you.
For research linking Meshech, Tubal, Gomer, and Beth-Togarmah to modern day Turkey, click the link below.
For geography and additional analysis, see the video link below. Photo: Getty Images
February 2018: President Recep Erdogan of Turkey has launched Operation Olive Branch. Turkey is looking to rid the region of terrorism. Turkey has crossed into northern Syria to do their bidding. The object of the operation is the Kurdish population. Turkey has indicated they prefer the Kurds east of the Euphrates River.
“One of our helicopters was downed just recently. These things will happen, we are in a war. (We) might lose a helicopter. (They) pay a heavy price.”
Erdogan is looking to expand further to the south in Syria. He is not finished in Afrin.
“We want our Syrian brothers and sisters to return to their land, and now we want to do the same in Idlib what we have done in Afrin.”
Turkish fighter jets are being seen all over the Afrin region.
Turkey has at least 3 observation posts west of Aleppo. Two other posts are located south of Aleppo towards Hamah.
Multiple posts on social media have indicated video of Turkish convoys in the Idlib region in and around Saraqib.
Turkey is moving south into Syria towards Israel.
- Future Temple in the News - May 22, 2018
- Shavuot & Replacement Theology, A Jewish Perspective - May 19, 2018
- Pentecost/Shavuot/Feast of Weeks: Two Loaves of Bread - May 16, 2018
- Nakba Day, 2018 - May 15, 2018
- U.S. Embassy Moves to Jerusalem, May 14, 2018 - May 14, 2018
- Mother’s Day, 2018 - May 13, 2018
- Putin & Netanyahu Meet in Moscow, Conflict in Golan & Damascus Escalates - May 9, 2018
- Trump Pulls Out of Iran Deal… Military Activity Near Damascus/Golan Heights - May 8, 2018
- Israel’s 70th Anniversary, Independence Day - May 6, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, Christ Loves His Bride - May 6, 2018