Isaiah 38:1-6 In those days Hezekiah became sick and was at the point of death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him, and said to him, “Thus says the LORD: Set your house in order, for you shall die, you shall not recover.” Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, and said, “Please, O LORD, remember how I have walked before you in faithfulness and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah: “Go and say to Hezekiah, thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Behold, I will add fifteen years to your life. I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria, and will defend this city.
The LORD told the prophet Isaiah to talk to King Hezekiah. Isaiah and Hezekiah were contemporaries. The two men talked to each other face to face according to the Bible. There are multiple occurrences where Hezekiah and Isaiah are in the same context of Scripture (2 Kings 19,20; 2 Chronicles 32; Isaiah 1, 37,38,39). Per the Bible, the king was noted to consult the prophet for insight from God. King Hezekiah was the 12th king of the Kingdom of Judah. Hezekiah ruled from approximately 727 BC to 698 BC.
In 2015, a seal with the imprint of King Hezekiah was found in the Ophel. This is an area located south of what is the modern Temple Mount.
February 2018: Three years later, another seal has been discovered approximately 10 feet from where King Hezekiah’s seal was located.
“We appear to have discovered a seal impression, which may have belonged to the prophet Isaiah, in a scientific, archaeological excavation,” Dr. Eilat Mazar, Hebrew University.
Yesha’yah[u] (Hebrew name of Isaiah) in ancient Hebrew script, followed by the letters N-V-Y, which are the three first letters of the word for prophet (navi, spelled nun-beit-yod-aleph).
The objects are estimated to be about 2,700 years old.
Photos are credited to article below as well.
Encouraging all to read the article referenced. There is an excellent 12 minute video of the excavation site. In spite of the archaeological evidence of two people named Hezekiah and Isaiah existing, the findings are met with skepticism by the author. The clay objects were located near the Gihon Spring and Hezekiah’s water tunnel as they should have been per the Bible. Yet, the Bible narrative is questioned and not believed by some…
- Shavuot & Replacement Theology, A Jewish Perspective - May 19, 2018
- Pentecost/Shavuot/Feast of Weeks: Two Loaves of Bread - May 16, 2018
- Nakba Day, 2018 - May 15, 2018
- U.S. Embassy Moves to Jerusalem, May 14, 2018 - May 14, 2018
- Mother’s Day, 2018 - May 13, 2018
- Putin & Netanyahu Meet in Moscow, Conflict in Golan & Damascus Escalates - May 9, 2018
- Trump Pulls Out of Iran Deal… Military Activity Near Damascus/Golan Heights - May 8, 2018
- Israel’s 70th Anniversary, Independence Day - May 6, 2018
- Revelation: Philadelphia, Christ Loves His Bride - May 6, 2018
- Straight Talk…Treasure in Earthen Vessels, Rodna Epley - May 2, 2018