Revelation 3:5 The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.
The one who conquers… This is the Greek verb νικαο/nikao. It is a term for a victorious military hero. Nike athletic shoes and apparel comes from this Greek root word. The grammar states the action is continuous.
We always have victory in Christ. There is not one human being outside of Jesus who can win the day on their own. We prevail by Jesus. As members of the body of Christ, we succeed via the Overcomer. Scripture is very clear. There is only one way to conquer.
1 John 5:4-5 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world…our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
…will be clothed thus in white garments…This is the same type of garment described in the previous verse in Revelation 3:4. The garment is a long, flowing outer tunic. The color is white or λευκός/leukos in the Greek. This is defined as a bright, brilliant white.
We know our future as believers with Christ is that of a king and a priest.
1 Peter 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Revelation 1:6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father–to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
A brilliant white flowing robe is the clothing consistent with a priest. Heavenly, priestly clothing is of linen. That’s the type of cloth Jesus was buried and covered. Before going to Heaven to be at the right hand of the Father, Christ the high priest was buried in linen. Matthew 27:59 And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth… (see also Mark 15:46, Luke 23:53). The body referenced is Jesus after His death.
Exodus 28 gives instructions for the priestly garments. The clothing for the priest is to be made of linen. Exodus 28:5 They shall take the gold and the blue and the purple and the scarlet material and the fine linen. The concept is stated seven times in Exodus 28. Priestly garments are of linen (Exodus 28:6, 8, 15, 39, 39, 42).
Jesus Christ is setting the stage for His bride to be clothed in Heavenly splendor.
Buy at Amazon.com in paperback or Kindle below. Click on “Preview” for a free sample of the book.
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Prostitution & Oppression - September 21, 2018
- Adam & the Fall of Man… Phil Kulis - September 20, 2018
- Straight Talk… The Trinity, Baptism and Resurrection, Featuring Rodna Epley - September 19, 2018
- Russian Aircraft Downed In Syria, Yom Kippur 5779/2018 - September 18, 2018
- Russia: An Emerging Market - September 17, 2018
- Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement: 5779/2018 - September 16, 2018
- Attitude Check - September 14, 2018
- Metonic Cycles… Featuring Phil Kulis - September 12, 2018
- Yom Teruah/Feast of Trumpets/Rosh Hashanah Declared, Tishri 1, 5779/September 2018 - September 11, 2018
- Will Turkey Align with Russia? - September 10, 2018