John 19:31 Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. The Sabbath is Saturday. The day before Saturday is Friday. The Jews wanted to make sure everyone was dead before the Sabbath.
John 18:39 “But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?” – Pilate
John 19:14 Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, “Behold, your King!” – Pilate
Luke 22:15 And He said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passoverwith you before I suffer… -Jesus. Remember the sun had already set. The new day had begun and it was early Friday. With God, the next day starts when the sun sets on the previous day (Genesis 1, Creation Week).
Luke 23:54 It was the preparation day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.
Mark 15:42 When evening had already come, because it was the preparation day, that is, the day before the Sabbath… The context of these 2 verses (Luke 23, Mark 15) is the preparation of Jesus’ body in the tomb before sundown. There was a mad dash to get Jesus off of the cross and buried before the Sabbath. It was not yet Saturday, so it had to be Friday.
Jesus, the Passover lamb, died the day before the Sabbath on Friday.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Turkey Looks to Move Into Syria on the Euphrates - December 12, 2018
- Temple Altar Dedicated - December 11, 2018
- We All Wear Masks… Christine McDonald - December 9, 2018
- Jude: False Teachers - December 2, 2018
- Straight Talk, Born Again… Rodna Epley - November 28, 2018
- The Catalyst for A Global Default - November 26, 2018
- Ancient Beka Found Near Temple Mount in Jerusalem - November 25, 2018
- Aquarius, The Man Carrying the Water… Featuring Phil Kulis - November 24, 2018
- Christine McDonald & Bishop Michael Curry - November 22, 2018
- Precious in HIS Sight - November 16, 2018