Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
Behold… Translation: Look, listen, see, pay attention!
I stand at the door and knock. Jesus is on the front porch of your place. The grammar in the Greek indicates He has always been there. He has not left and He is not going anywhere. Christ is at the ready. The text states He continually knocks on your door. He has fixed Himself waiting for the individual to respond.
Anyone… The invitation is open to anyone. It is the will of God that all would turn to Him. Please respond to Him. He is beyond tolerant and accommodating.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door… It is not enough to just listen to Jesus. One needs to respond with action. Let Him into your life and heart. He says He will reciprocate.
I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
Christ will have relationship with the individual over a meal. Yes, He will meet you at your place. He will eat with you and you can eat with Him.
Matthew 24:33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that He is near, at the very gates.
James 5:9 Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.
At some point, His patience will end. Turn to His mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Answer the door.
Available in ebook and paperback at Amazon.com
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Turkey Looks to Move Into Syria on the Euphrates - December 12, 2018
- Temple Altar Dedicated - December 11, 2018
- We All Wear Masks… Christine McDonald - December 9, 2018
- Jude: False Teachers - December 2, 2018
- Straight Talk, Born Again… Rodna Epley - November 28, 2018
- The Catalyst for A Global Default - November 26, 2018
- Ancient Beka Found Near Temple Mount in Jerusalem - November 25, 2018
- Aquarius, The Man Carrying the Water… Featuring Phil Kulis - November 24, 2018
- Christine McDonald & Bishop Michael Curry - November 22, 2018
- Precious in HIS Sight - November 16, 2018