We go from suffering to glory, suffering to glory. That’s the process of putting to death the old nature and rising to the new life in Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:10-11 …always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
It’s a process that goes from “glory to glory” until we are completely glorified in mind (and I would say body too). We can rest in the knowledge and power of His glory. He is transforming the minds of all who belong to Him. And submit to the process.
2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
We should expect suffering to come. But when it comes we should also expect God’s glory. His glory has an eternal weight to far exceed the pain we suffered whenever He glorifies Himself in our situation. It’s like a baby that is born. Labor was intense and we thought we might die. But once we have the baby in our arms, we forget the pain we just went through for the joy we now hold.
2 Corinthians 4:17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison…
1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.
Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be (is about to be) revealed in us.
- Gabriel: Jesus Is Coming - February 9, 2020
- Wuhan Virus Update, February 7, 2020 - February 7, 2020
- Where Is God??? Joshua of Ghana - February 6, 2020
- The Primary Purpose of the Gospel – And an Accurate Perspective… Rodna Epley - February 4, 2020
- Locusts Sweeping Across the Middle East - February 1, 2020
- Weathering the Storms of Life… Christine McDonald - January 31, 2020
- Trump’s Deal of the Century - January 30, 2020
- Gabriel Covers Mary in Grace - January 26, 2020
- Wuhan Coronavirus Spreading Across Asia - January 22, 2020
- Gabriel’s Resume - January 19, 2020