Apparently, the Father thinks it’s time for us to start becoming “one” as a church – with the whole body of Christ. These verses in John reveal Jesus’ desire for us to become “one” with each other and with Him and the Father.
John 17:5,22,23 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
Jesus gave us the same glory that the Father gave Him before the foundation of the world in order to help us do that. His glory is necessary because it makes us one. And in this oneness, we can know the Father loves us just as He loved Jesus. And we can know the Father sent Jesus into the world. In fact, according to Exodus 33, the Father is His glory. So the Father gave us Jesus and Jesus gave us the Father.
We have this treasure in earthen vessels. This treasure will be protected.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed…
The “treasure” is the glory and presence of our Father! He will always care for us and wants to teach us how to have relationships that bring glory to Him.
Blessings to all! ❤
- Jude: Mercy - October 15, 2018
- Stone Carving… Yerushalayim - October 12, 2018
- Straight Talk, Tag You’re It!!! Featuring Rodna Epley - October 10, 2018
- Jude: Called, Loved, & Kept - October 9, 2018
- Prices Rising in Turkey, Trouble Ahead - October 8, 2018
- Market Forces: Demand is the Problem - October 6, 2018
- China in the Mediterranean - October 4, 2018
- To Tell The Truth… Paul Beverly - October 3, 2018
- Straight Talk… Kingdom Dining Hall, Featuring Rodna Epley - October 2, 2018
- Jude, A Slave - October 1, 2018