Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
Featuring Christine “Clarity” McDonald
Cry Purple, by Christine McDonald, is the story of the author’s long journey from nearly two decades of homelessness, street-corner prostitution, crack addiction, and many stints in jail to her present life of total blindness, motherhood, and happiness.
The first two-thirds of the book tell the grim story of her youthful unhappiness, how and when she got into prostitution and drug addiction, the horrendous levels of violence that she and some of her fellow prostitutes suffered, and how the drugs eventually reduced her to an almost animal-like state. It was only when she hit rock bottom that she finally found the will to seek help and change her ways.
However, after getting clean and then engaged, she had numerous other difficulties and sorrows ahead of her: losing her sight due to a disease and having both her eyeballs removed, having a special-needs daughter that she had to give up for adoption due to her inability to care for her, and watching her relationship with her children’s father dissolve.
She currently lives in the St. Louis, Missouri area with her young son, Ricky. She practices an open adoption relationship with her daughter’s adoptive parents. She loves doing motivational speaking, and she does all she can to help and to advocate for ex offenders, addicts, and prostituted and trafficked women. One of her largest passions is educating people out side of these circumstances to help them have a better understanding of the barriers society has placed before these under served populations to put their lives back together.
Filming for “Cry Purple” the movie is set to begin in October 2018. Interviews and writing are currently being completed. Release of the movie is tentatively set for sometime in 2019.
“Love your neighbor… ALL of ’em!” -Christine “Clarity” McDonald
To contact Christine directly send a E mail to:
To purchase at Amazon.com, click on link below.
- Precious in HIS Sight - November 16, 2018
- Jude: Once For All - November 14, 2018
- Missiles Rain From Gaza - November 12, 2018
- Sanhedrin Encourages Temple to Jerusalem Mayoral Candidates - November 11, 2018
- The Seven-Sealed Scroll, Phil Kulis - November 9, 2018
- Straight Talk, God’s Glory Is Limitless… Rodna Epley - November 7, 2018
- Jude: Our Common Salvation - November 4, 2018
- Recovering Compassion - November 3, 2018
- Straight Talk, Directions and Instructions to the Father’s Glory Kitchen… Rodna Epley - November 1, 2018
- Jude: Love - October 28, 2018