Revelation 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.
Attention, Jesus speaking, “I am coming soon.” The idea in the Greek is He is coming quickly and with speed.
Hold fast what you have. The focus of the phrase is the verb κρατέω/krateó or “hold fast”. Per Strong’s it means to be strong or mighty; to rule, obtain, master, or prevail.
The reward is the crown. Grab and hold onto it with all the gusto you have. It is yours. Christ has given it to you. Own the crown.
Caution, don’t get too attached. It is not about you.
Revelation 4:10-11 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
Revelation 3:12 The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it…
The one who conquers…As a reminder, there is only one way to conquer. This is the Greek word νικάω/nikaó. We know the word through sports apparel in the 21st century, Nike. Jesus Christ is the answer. We are victorious and prevail through Him.
1 John 5:4-5 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Christ “will make”. In the Greek, this is ποιέω/poieó. This is the word of a carpenter. The carpenter is manufacturing and constructing. Christ is building the Temple. Jesus promises the believer to be a pillar of God’s Temple. The believer is a support and upholds the Temple.
The temple is the ναός/naos in the Greek. This is the Holy of Holies, the sacred edifice or sanctuary itself. Naos is the home of God.
Revelation 11:19a And the temple of God which is in heaven was opened; and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple…
Never shall he go out of it… As a believer in Christ, our position is eternal.
Also available online at Barnes & Noble, iBooks, Kobo, and Inktera
- Putin, Erdogan, Rouhani Meet in Sochi - February 16, 2019
- Warsaw Middle East Peace and Security Conference - February 15, 2019
- Middle East Peace: “The Deal of the Century” - February 12, 2019
- Predestined With Free Will: Pharaoh’s Choice - February 10, 2019
- Created to Crave Community… Christine McDonald - February 8, 2019
- Straight Talk, Streams of Glory… Rodna Epley - February 7, 2019
- Pope Francis and Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Ahmed el-Tayeb, Sign Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together - February 5, 2019
- Predestined With Free Will: Pharaoh Meets the LORD - February 3, 2019
- Remembering 9/11… Christine McDonald - February 1, 2019
- Straight Talk, Creation v. Random Chance… Rodna Epley - January 31, 2019