The Feast of Trumpets is an announcement that something has come as evidenced by the sounding of the trumpet (shofar, ram’s horn).
There is a very unique connection with Trumpets to the next Feast, the Day of Atonement. The period of time between the two Feasts is also significant and is called the “Days of Awe”. So, the two Feasts and the interval between represent an event consisting of a marked beginning, a specific period of time and a marked ending.
Trumpets is an announcement that during the Days of Awe it is a time of repentance and forgiveness. When the Day of Atonement arrives, it signals “time’s up” and an accounting will be made as to who repented and forgave and who didn’t.
The Jewish calendar is based on the lunar cycle yet it is reconciled to the solar cycle. This reconciling is called the Metonic Cycle. Normally the Jewish calendar has twelve months of thirty (sometimes twenty-nine) days. But with the Metonic cycle, seven out of nineteen years an extra thirteenth month is added. At the end of the nineteen-year Metonic cycle, the calendar is within minutes where an adjustment can be made.
The reason this is important is when the Metonic cycle is understood. The time between Trumpets and Atonement when separated by seven years gives the exact number of days equal to the number of days given in prophecy for the 70th Week of Daniel. The number of days given is 1,260 + 1,290 which equals 2,550 days.
But this exact number of days between Trumpets and Atonement separated by seven years doesn’t happen all the time. It happens irregularly because of the extra month added to the calendar seven out of nineteen years in the Metonic cycle. Specifically, when a count of months is made between Trumpets and Atonement separated by seven years, the number of months will be 86 or 87 months. It is the count of 86 months that yields the exact count of 2,550 days.
Trumpets is a Feast Day the beginning of which is based on the sighting of the moon immediately after it is new. The focus is on the New Moon and also is the beginning of a new year according to the pre-Exodus calendar. It is the only Feast related to the New Moon and a new year.
The year that begins an 86-month count over seven years starting on Trumpets is called a “candidate” year. It is a candidate for the start of the 70th Week.
It’s important to remember that the rapture is not the event that begins the 70th Week! The 70th Week begins when the character known as the antichrist “confirms a covenant”.
- Netanyahu and Putin Meet in Sochi, Russia - September 12, 2019
- Lebanon Declares Economic State of Emergency - September 11, 2019
- Prime Minister Netanyahu to Annex the West Bank With Election Win - September 10, 2019
- Cherubim in the Temple - September 8, 2019
- Precious in His Eyes… Christine McDonald - September 7, 2019
- Turkey’s President Erdogan Wants Nuclear Weapons - September 5, 2019
- Straight Talk, More Good News… Rodna Epley - September 2, 2019
- Approaching Darkness and Fear… Christine McDonald - August 31, 2019
- Teshuvah 5779/2019 and the Ascension of Jesus Christ - August 28, 2019
- Bank of England’s Carney Calls for Global Crypto-Currency - August 27, 2019