The Kingdom of Heaven is a Family first, and then a Family Glory Business with an open-door policy allowing anyone in who agrees to put on proper shoes (Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ…) and shirt (Matthew 22:1-15,24 … v2 The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son…) to come and dine at the Father’s table where there is much laughter, joy, peace, healing, and life.
The world might call it: No Shoes, No Shirt – No Service
But our Father in heaven calls it: Here’s some clothes kids. Come on in. Dinner’s ready and I love you!
As we enter, we are assigned a private Tutor (the Holy Spirit again) who will show us the ropes. We get to pick what we want to do in the Family Glory Business. The Holy Spirit works with us in a type of tag-team intimate relationship where He assigns us a realm or a sandbox to play in. He gives us the Father’s tools that Jesus used. The Spirit teaches us how to use them in the world to help others, flipping all darkness into light, just like Jesus.
Either one of us can tag first. We can start or we can let Him start, depending upon our level of confidence. We build what we can. When we don’t know what to do, we say, “Tag, you’re it Holy Spirit.” So, He takes a turn building. When He’s done, He says, “Tag, you’re it _______”.
We go back and forth with Him until our individual assignment in the Family is revealed and we know how to do things. If we make a mistake it is okay. We can just tear down that side of the sand castle and build it up stronger. Or crash the whole thing and start over.
Ephesians 1:13-14 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
- A Spirit of Drunkenness - March 24, 2019
- Reminder, Saved By Grace… Christine McDonald - March 22, 2019
- The Individual and His Moral Code… Phil Kulis - March 21, 2019
- Israel, Greece, and Cyprus Participate in Gas Summit, March 2019 - March 19, 2019
- Turkey Enters Recession - March 18, 2019
- Purim 5779/2019 - March 16, 2019
- Exploiting Vulnerability… Christine McDonald - March 16, 2019
- Predestined: A Dry Nile River - March 12, 2019
- Red Heifer Update, March 2019 - March 9, 2019
- Church in the 21st Century… Beer Please! - March 5, 2019