Jude 1:2 May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
This is the second time the word αγαπαο/agapao or “love” is used by Jude. For what it’s worth, scholars argue whether the term is used three or four times by Jude.
This is αγαπαο/agapao. This is God’s “love” for us. Defined as love, affection, good will, benevolence, to welcome, to entertain, to be fond of, to love dearly. This love is the nature of God.
Get the flutter out of your stomach and the tingle out of your senses. This love is purposeful with selection. God chooses us despite our issues.
God is love. He is αγαπαο/agapao.
1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:16 And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
God demonstrated His αγαπαο/agapao for broken humanity by sending His Son.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
In response to God’s love, we are called to αγαπαο/agapao. We are called to love with all of our being and all that we have to offer; heart, soul, mind, and strength. In the verses below from Mark 12, the original language communicates this love is a future action. Jesus is telling us how and who to love.
Which begs the questions, do we put God first in our lives? Order matters to Jesus. He put God above others. Have we made personal sacrifices for God? Do we love God with intensity and passion? Do we sacrifice ourselves on behalf of others? Do we love our neighbors with the same gusto as we love ourselves?
Mark 12:29-31 Jesus answered, “The most important is, Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Jude places the focus on the concepts of mercy and peace and love. May these ideals be multiplied and lavished. May an abundance be heaped upon you, the believer in Jesus Christ.
Compelled to donate? Be a cheerful giver…
- Kushner Unveils Economic Portion of Middle East Peace Plan - June 22, 2019
- Sanhedrin Looks to Davidic Kingdom - June 21, 2019
- Dr. Charles Nenner’s Thoughts June 2019 – An Interview with Michael Douville - June 18, 2019
- Straight Talk, Jesus and Daylight… Rodna Epley - June 12, 2019
- Egypt Into the Millennial Kingdom - June 9, 2019
- No Strings Attached… Christine McDonald - June 8, 2019
- Locusts Invade Yemen - June 6, 2019
- Shavuot/Pentecost/Feast of Weeks, 5779/2019 - June 2, 2019
- Atheists and Their Death Bed… Phil Kulis - May 29, 2019
- My Body, My Choice - May 24, 2019