The Apostle Paul in the New Testament book of Romansmakes it very clear. God is not finished with nation Israel. He makes this statement writing to members of the church in Rome. His writings included the idea of Israel’s election, Israel’s rejection, and Israel’s future restoration. Paul is in serious angst and agony regarding his fellow countrymen. He would go to Hell for Israel. God has not kicked Israel to the curb let alone replaced them with the church or any other group of people or nation.
Romans 9:3-4 For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises…
The Apostle Paul is emphatic. There is NO way God has broken His promise to His people and nation, Israel. The idea is consistent in the Old Testament and New Testament. God has not changed His mind.
Romans 11:1-11:2 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?
Malachi 3:6 “For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.”
Romans 11:26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
Focus on the word “saved”. It is the Greek word σοζο/sozo. The word is defined as to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction; one (from injury or peril); to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health (Strong’s Concordance).
The tense of the verb is future. The verse is prophetic. Israel will be spared and preserved in the future. At the time of the writing in the first century, Israel had yet to be dispersed to the world let alone regathered back to the land. The nation will not be destroyed.
Today in the early 21st century, Israel is back in the land and a nation as prophesied. Israel has resurrected as a nation. Ultimately, they will not reject their Messiah. A little detour with the Antichrist will come first. The statement below is becoming more of a reality as time passes. There are Jews who believe in Jesus and the number is growing. The world will ultimately receive blessing.
Romans 11:15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
- Putin, Erdogan, Rouhani Meet in Sochi - February 16, 2019
- Warsaw Middle East Peace and Security Conference - February 15, 2019
- Middle East Peace: “The Deal of the Century” - February 12, 2019
- Predestined With Free Will: Pharaoh’s Choice - February 10, 2019
- Created to Crave Community… Christine McDonald - February 8, 2019
- Straight Talk, Streams of Glory… Rodna Epley - February 7, 2019
- Pope Francis and Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Ahmed el-Tayeb, Sign Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together - February 5, 2019
- Predestined With Free Will: Pharaoh Meets the LORD - February 3, 2019
- Remembering 9/11… Christine McDonald - February 1, 2019
- Straight Talk, Creation v. Random Chance… Rodna Epley - January 31, 2019