Isaiah 19:14 The LORD has mingled within her a spirit of confusion, and they will make Egypt stagger in all its deeds, as a drunken man staggers in his vomit.
As a point of review, it is the LORD who is making all of these events happen. Based on the Hebrew grammar and language, some would argue it is the Spirit of the Lord who is influencing the Egyptians. The text tells how this is happening. The idiomatic language in the verse drives home the point. It is God who is pouring and mixing the distortion, perversion, and warping the Egyptians. The country has no clue what it is doing.
Their actions are consistent with a drunk who staggers in his vomit. The Bible is not boring. It tells of people partying like rock stars 2,700 years ago and beyond. There were people back in the day who had tiger blood. I am sure some of them had Adonis DNA. The Egyptians dabbled in the occult (see Exodus with Moses and the plagues). Some of them were “warlocks” if you will. So those who boast of their partying prowess, sorry you are just not that fresh. The Bible reports there have been fools doing this for centuries. God practically and accurately points out this behavior leads to poor decisions and causes one to wander about.
Isaiah 19:15 And there will be nothing for Egypt that head or tail, palm branch or reed, may do.
More review from God. Unemployment is the reminder, no work. It does not matter who you are, what socioeconomic class one belongs, there will be no work.
Figurative language could also prove a point. Scripture answers the riddle of the “head or tail” and “palm branch or reed”. The answer comes from earlier in the book of Isaiah chapter 9.
Isaiah 9:14-15 So the LORD cuts off head and tail from Israel, both palm branch and bulrush in a single day. The head is the elder and honorable man, and the prophet who teaches falsehood is the tail.
Again, it does not matter your lot in life in Egypt. One could be a person of character. Or one could be a religious con man. There will be no work for you. The source of income and life, the Nile River, is dry.
And this is God’s will. He wants people to turn to Him.
- Kushner Unveils Economic Portion of Middle East Peace Plan - June 22, 2019
- Sanhedrin Looks to Davidic Kingdom - June 21, 2019
- Dr. Charles Nenner’s Thoughts June 2019 – An Interview with Michael Douville - June 18, 2019
- Straight Talk, Jesus and Daylight… Rodna Epley - June 12, 2019
- Egypt Into the Millennial Kingdom - June 9, 2019
- No Strings Attached… Christine McDonald - June 8, 2019
- Locusts Invade Yemen - June 6, 2019
- Shavuot/Pentecost/Feast of Weeks, 5779/2019 - June 2, 2019
- Atheists and Their Death Bed… Phil Kulis - May 29, 2019
- My Body, My Choice - May 24, 2019