Isaiah 19:14 The LORD has mingled within her a spirit of confusion, and they will make Egypt stagger in all its deeds, as a drunken man staggers in his vomit.
As a point of review, it is the LORD who is making all of these events happen. Based on the Hebrew grammar and language, some would argue it is the Spirit of the Lord who is influencing the Egyptians. The text tells how this is happening. The idiomatic language in the verse drives home the point. It is God who is pouring and mixing the distortion, perversion, and warping the Egyptians. The country has no clue what it is doing.
Their actions are consistent with a drunk who staggers in his vomit. The Bible is not boring. It tells of people partying like rock stars 2,700 years ago and beyond. There were people back in the day who had tiger blood. I am sure some of them had Adonis DNA. The Egyptians dabbled in the occult (see Exodus with Moses and the plagues). Some of them were “warlocks” if you will. So those who boast of their partying prowess, sorry you are just not that fresh. The Bible reports there have been fools doing this for centuries. God practically and accurately points out this behavior leads to poor decisions and causes one to wander about.
Isaiah 19:15 And there will be nothing for Egypt that head or tail, palm branch or reed, may do.
More review from God. Unemployment is the reminder, no work. It does not matter who you are, what socioeconomic class one belongs, there will be no work.
Figurative language could also prove a point. Scripture answers the riddle of the “head or tail” and “palm branch or reed”. The answer comes from earlier in the book of Isaiah chapter 9.
Isaiah 9:14-15 So the LORD cuts off head and tail from Israel, both palm branch and bulrush in a single day. The head is the elder and honorable man, and the prophet who teaches falsehood is the tail.
Again, it does not matter your lot in life in Egypt. One could be a person of character. Or one could be a religious con man. There will be no work for you. The source of income and life, the Nile River, is dry.
And this is God’s will. He wants people to turn to Him.
- Gabriel: Jesus Is Coming - February 9, 2020
- Wuhan Virus Update, February 7, 2020 - February 7, 2020
- Where Is God??? Joshua of Ghana - February 6, 2020
- The Primary Purpose of the Gospel – And an Accurate Perspective… Rodna Epley - February 4, 2020
- Locusts Sweeping Across the Middle East - February 1, 2020
- Weathering the Storms of Life… Christine McDonald - January 31, 2020
- Trump’s Deal of the Century - January 30, 2020
- Gabriel Covers Mary in Grace - January 26, 2020
- Wuhan Coronavirus Spreading Across Asia - January 22, 2020
- Gabriel’s Resume - January 19, 2020