This transforming “light” is the glory of the Father which resides within each of us upon putting our faith in Christ but it lies dormant (we are blind to it even as believers) until we know that it is in us. When we know…our eyes begin to open and we can see from within in a way the world can’t see. We know things we aren’t supposed to know from the world’s perspective. Yet we are supposed to know them from the Father’s perspective.
In John 11:1-7, after Jesus learned Lazarus was sick, He waited 2 days to make sure he died so that the glory of God would be revealed in Him (in Christ) by raising Lazarus from the dead.
Sometimes God waits until we think the worst has happened and there’s no turning back before He sends His answer by telling us He can turn it back, so that His full glory will be revealed in any given situation. Don’t ever think death (or sleep) is the end of anything. God will wake that person up if you trust in Him to do so and cause all who witness to believe in Him. Nothing is impossible for our God and for those who are in Christ.
Jesus said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.” The disciples said to Him, “Rabbi, lately the Jews sought to stone You, and are You going there again?” Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. “But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.” (John 11:8-10)
Because the light is not in him – that’s why he stumbles. Not because it’s dark outside. But because he’s spiritually blind. There’s no light in him. When Christians stumble too it’s because no light is in him – same as the world. Sight isn’t automatic even upon putting our trust in Christ. God’s glory must be awakened from lying dormant within us. The potential for sight is always there. But our eyes still must be opened. So the Holy Spirit is teaching us all things.
“Awake, O sleeper, arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.” (Ephesians 5:14, ESV)
- Cherubim & Wheels Working Together - December 5, 2019
- Free Will & Love… Christine McDonald - December 3, 2019
- Ezekiel’s Whirling Wheels - November 25, 2019
- Test the Spirits… Christine McDonald - November 22, 2019
- “Settlements” No More in Israel - November 19, 2019
- Revelation’s Four Living Creatures - November 17, 2019
- Character Counts… Christine McDonald - November 12, 2019
- Four Living Creatures - November 10, 2019
- Natural Gas Find Off the Coast of Israel - November 5, 2019
- Cherubim: Subject to the LORD - November 3, 2019