Let him who is without sin among you throw the first stone. John 8:7 -Jesus
We all at times experience a sense of disconnection from the world around us. We wonder if anyone truly sees us. We can be completely surrounded by people who know our name, yet they are completely clueless about us and what is really going on inside. We crave connection, acknowledgement, validation—some sign that we exist, that we are known, and that we have purpose.
As we explore some poignant moments of recognition that once gave me glimmers of human connection in an otherwise invisible existence, let us consider how we can give others in our life the gift of visibility. Intentionality, appropriate touch, and eye contact are free and simple to give.
If you are feeling that disconnect today in your life, don’t wait for someone to see you. See someone else, and they will see you back. Just as we will discover in my story, if we will acknowledge others’ humanity, even after years and years have passed, they will acknowledge ours back. I will never forget the woman who never forgot me.
“Love your neighbor, all of ’em.” -Christine Clarity McDonald
- Oh, How He Loves You… Christine McDonald - August 24, 2019
- Water Emergency Declared in Egypt - August 22, 2019
- Angels: Cherubim - August 19, 2019
- Straight Talk, Where Is Jesus Today??? Featuring Rodna Epley - August 14, 2019
- Temple Mount Violence: Tisha B`Av, 9th of Av, 5779/2019 - August 11, 2019
- Trump Agrees to Withdraw Troops from Syria - August 9, 2019
- Tisha B`Av, 9th of Av, 5779/2019 - August 7, 2019
- Blood Red Waters: Vancouver, BC, Canada - July 25, 2019
- Angels: Seraphim - July 21, 2019
- Tread Gently… Christine McDonald - July 20, 2019