The Bible repeatedly teaches the existence of angels. It is assumed as a matter of fact that angels exist. For the atheist and critic who demand proof, they will never be satisfied. Atheists turn to themselves and their sense of reason and logic for answers. God’s word as source will never be good enough for some.
Hebrews 1:6-7 And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all God’s angels worship Him.” Of the angels He says, “He makes His angels winds, and His ministers a flame of fire.”
Angels have been observed from the beginning of the earth. Angels were noted to protect the garden after the fall of man.
Genesis 3:24 So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.
Jesus knew angels existed. He created them. Christ explained that He had angels at His disposal if He called on the Father. The context of the comments to a Roman soldier had to be overwhelming. A Roman legion was estimated to be about 5,000 soldiers. Jesus was claiming He could have about 60,000 angels at His word with destructive and formidable Heavenly force. Jesus knew He could avoid arrest and ultimately death. The Godhead was in absolute control of the situation in the Garden of Gethsemane. Yet, He submitted Himself to arrest and ultimately death on a cross.
Matthew 26:53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and He will at once send Me more than twelve legions of angels?
The number of angels is innumerable. In the Greek, the word is μυριάς/murias. We get the English word “myriad” from the Greek term. It literally means 10,000. In the verse below, the word is plural. So there are 10,000’s upon 10,000’s. The number of angels cannot be counted.
Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels…
Elisha communicates the same idea to a follower in 2 Kings. When the veil is pulled back, the number is overwhelming.
2 Kings 6:16-17 He (Elisha) said, “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see.” So the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
Angels will ultimately be dispatched by Christ to the Earth to clean house in preparation for the kingdom.
Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness…
- Netanyahu and Putin Meet in Sochi, Russia - September 12, 2019
- Lebanon Declares Economic State of Emergency - September 11, 2019
- Prime Minister Netanyahu to Annex the West Bank With Election Win - September 10, 2019
- Cherubim in the Temple - September 8, 2019
- Precious in His Eyes… Christine McDonald - September 7, 2019
- Turkey’s President Erdogan Wants Nuclear Weapons - September 5, 2019
- Straight Talk, More Good News… Rodna Epley - September 2, 2019
- Approaching Darkness and Fear… Christine McDonald - August 31, 2019
- Teshuvah 5779/2019 and the Ascension of Jesus Christ - August 28, 2019
- Bank of England’s Carney Calls for Global Crypto-Currency - August 27, 2019