Sunday, August 11, 2019: This day has duel meaning to the people of Jerusalem. The Jews are fasting for Tisha B`Av or the 9th of Av. Muslims are recognizing Eid al-Adha which signals the end of the hajj pilgrimage to Mecca. The end result is violence on the Temple Mount.
As of the writing of this post, 4 policemen and 61 protesters were injured.
For some time, non Muslims were barred from ascending the Temple Mount. Right wing Jews protested the decision and criticized Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
“The decision is a surrender to Arab terrorism and violence at the holiest place in Judaism is why there is a loss of deterrence in other areas,” Transportation Minister Bezalel Smotrich, United Right.
“At no stage did Prime Minister Netanyahu give the instruction to close entry to the Temple Mount,” Prime Minister Spokesman.
The Temple Mount was opened to Jews after the criticism and complaint.
The 9th of Av is a day of mourning in Israel. Tragedy came about because of the account of Numbers 13-14. This event occurred immediately after God had delivered Israel out of bondage in Egypt. The short story is the Lord told Moses to send a group of spies to go scout the Promised Land. The spies came back and proclaimed the Jews could not take the land because of the inhabitants of the land were too big and too strong. The people rebelled against Moses. The people stated they would rather go back to Egypt. The nation (except Caleb and Joshua) did not believe God to give them the Promised Land. We know it occurred during the grape harvest per the text (Numbers 13:20). This event is said to have occurred on the 9th of Av. God pronounced judgment on the nation at that time. And this date is said to be a reminder of nation Israel’s lack of faith in God.
And so the pattern continues…
- He Really Loves Us… Christine McDonald - October 20, 2019
- Red Heifer Update: Heifer Burning Practice - October 16, 2019
- Sukkot/Tabernacles 5780/2019 - October 13, 2019
- I Know I Am a Sinner… Christine McDonald - October 11, 2019
- Turkey Launches Operation Peace Spring, October 2019 - October 10, 2019
- Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement: 5780/2019 - October 6, 2019
- Sanhedrin Looks to Replace United Nations and Re-Enacts Noahide Sacrifice - September 28, 2019
- God’s Fall Appointments, 5780/2019 - September 21, 2019
- The Man Who Died for Me… Christine McDonald - September 20, 2019
- Cling to Jesus Christ Who Is In the Father… Rodna Epley - September 18, 2019