Turkey has begun to move forces into northern Syria to remove Kurds from the region. Turkey has coined the term Operation Peace Spring.
Turkey’s Minister of National Defense has released a tweet of the stated objectives.
President Recep Erdogan is defending Turkey’s decision to move into Syria. Erdogan is threatening to open Turkey’s borders to Europe with 3.6 million refugees if the European Union is insistent on calling the operation an invasion and occupation.
The link below is from the Twitter feed of the Turkish media outlet Anadolu Agency.
The United States Government is divided in how to manage the situation. President Trump has authorized the removal of US troops. Trump has indicated he was elected to get the United States out of pointless wars.
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham from South Carolina and others indicate Trump has betrayed Kurdish allies in the Middle East by leaving them vulnerable without US military assets. There is bipartisan support for sanctions against Turkey.
International response is opposed to Turkey’s move into Syria.
The majority of the military intervention is currently taking place from the Euphrates River in the west to the Tigris River in the far east border of Syria.
Ezekiel 38:1-3 The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him and say, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.
Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-Togarmah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes—many peoples are with you.
The brothers of Magog (Meshech, Gomer, and Tubal) appear to point to modern day Turkey.
Russia will be joined by several countries in their future invasion of Israel (Ezekiel 38-39). One of those countries is modern day Turkey.
At some point in the future, Russia is prophesied to invade Israel. The Bible says Russia and Turkey are going to join forces (Ezekiel 38-39).
- Wuhan Coronavirus Spreading Across Asia - January 22, 2020
- Gabriel’s Resume - January 19, 2020
- Putin Presents Constitutional Changes, Russian Gov’t Resigns - January 15, 2020
- Not Vain After All… Joshua of Ghana - January 13, 2020
- Russia & Turkey Broker Cease Fire in Libya - January 9, 2020
- Gabriel Visits a Virgin - January 5, 2020
- Bond of the Street… Christine McDonald - January 3, 2020
- Libya Invites Turkish Troops - December 29, 2019
- The Birth of Christ and Taxes, God’s Will - December 24, 2019
- Angels: Gabriel to Nazareth - December 22, 2019