Bleak, dark, and piercing cold, it was a night for the well–housed and fed to draw round the bright fire, and thank God they were at home; and for the homeless starving wretch to lay him down and die. Many hunger–worn outcasts close their eyes in our bare streets at such times, who, let their crimes have been what they may, can hardly open them in a more bitter world. ―Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
Have you ever felt so overwhelmed by life or a circumstance that you lacked the ability to see your way through? Perhaps you’ve just come through such a storm.
Oftentimes we can look back at those moments and marvel at how God brought us through. Each time we survive, we become a little bit tougher. Each experience gives us the grit to hold on just a little bit longer than the
Now, flip the script and imagine your life was the storm, and the reprieves were few and far between. This is the life I describe in the following story.
Even in those dark moments, God was present in my suffering, just as He is in yours. It can be difficult to picture God in such a dark place, yet we know that nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:38). His love is right there with us.
As you journey with me in this story, keep your eyes open for His provisions. They may seem small, but they meant everything to my survival and ability to hold on just a little bit longer.
What are some ways He has provided for you and sustained you that might have seemed insignificant to an outsider, but meant everything to you? What are ways you can share little moments, little things, that might mean the world to someone else?
“Love your neighbor, all of ’em.” -Christine Clarity McDonald
We hope you will join us on the journey of getting her story on film. To book Christine for a public speaking engagement or purchase the CRY PURPLE book, click on the link below.
- Gabriel: Jesus Is Coming - February 9, 2020
- Wuhan Virus Update, February 7, 2020 - February 7, 2020
- Where Is God??? Joshua of Ghana - February 6, 2020
- The Primary Purpose of the Gospel – And an Accurate Perspective… Rodna Epley - February 4, 2020
- Locusts Sweeping Across the Middle East - February 1, 2020
- Weathering the Storms of Life… Christine McDonald - January 31, 2020
- Trump’s Deal of the Century - January 30, 2020
- Gabriel Covers Mary in Grace - January 26, 2020
- Wuhan Coronavirus Spreading Across Asia - January 22, 2020
- Gabriel’s Resume - January 19, 2020